Re: Sniffering tool.

From: Andrew J. Caird (acaird@pgamapd.com)
Date: 11/21/01

To: "iEqual" <shonh@iequal.net>
Subject: Re: Sniffering tool.
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:16:55 -0500
From: "Andrew J. Caird" <acaird@pgamapd.com>

>>> On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:05:42 +0900, "iEqual"
>>> <shonh@iequal.net> wrote:
hs> hello all,
hs> I was wondering whether you guys have a good sniffering
hs> tool to monitor entire network at our office.

hs> hs.

There are quite a few tools that might do what you want.
For starters look at snoop on your Sun. Then look at Snort
(www.snort.org). There are quite a few others (both
commercial and free), a quick search on www.google.com will
find many of them. They often go by the name "Intrusion
Detection System (IDS)" or "Network Intrusion Detection
System (NIDS)".

I hope that helps.

--
Andrew Caird                                Uniphied Thought
acaird@uniphied.com     313.550.8408        www.uniphied.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Intrusion Detection Strategies
    ... your network, manually searching for attacks, would be impossible.This ... is why we need specialized network intrusion detection software. ... entities, foreign government entities and local government entities, ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: Packet analysis and protocol analysis
    ... I learned the majority of what I know from the following two books: ... Network Intrusion Detection by Stephen Northcutt ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Mindwall Project
    ... Mindwall is an advanced network security system. ... alerts and controls to protect your ... - - Network Intrusion Detection System ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [Full-Disclosure] Mindwall Project
    ... Mindwall is an advanced network security system. ... alerts and controls to protect your ... - - Network Intrusion Detection System ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Sniffering tool.
    ... Subject: Sniffering tool. ... Are you on a switched network or a hubbed network? ...
    (Focus-SUN)