RBAC and audit administration

From: Roland Crüsemann (cruesemann@trustcenter.de)
Date: 11/16/01

Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:02:15 +0100
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
From: Roland Crüsemann <cruesemann@trustcenter.de>
Subject: RBAC and audit administration

Hello,

first of all thanks for the help with the "Switching audit files under
Solaris 8 via cron" problem.
It was indeed caused by ssh. Doing it via the console or using the
"UseLogin yes" option
solved the problem.

I was playing with RBAC. For this reason I set up an account "audit" with
the following
entry in /etc/user_attr:
audit::::type=normal;profiles=Audit Control,All
If I understood RBAC correctly, it should be possible for the user audit to use
the program /usr/sbin/audit.
But executing the command
% audit -n
as audit gives
audit: not super-user
----------
Roland Crüsemann Tel.: 040 / 80 80 26 210
TC TrustCenter AG Fax.: 040 / 80 80 26 126
Sonninstr. 24 -
28 mailto:cruesemann@trustcenter.de
D-20097 Hamburg http://www.trustcenter.de
Germany

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Experiences using enhanced Solaris features: BSM, extended ACLs, RBAC
    ... but BSM is often like Pandora's box. ... data storage and a plan for processing the audit results and ... Subject: Experiences using 'enhanced' Solaris features: BSM, extended ACLs, RBAC ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • SUMMARY: Create additional superuser
    ... A simple way (but not recommended for lack of audit) of doing it is by ... RBAC doesnt work if you want to assign special authorizations that are not ... Sudo helps you assign any authorizations ... Rbac I would say controls more system level controls, printing, ufsdumps, ...
    (SunManagers)
  • RBAC in NIS environment
    ... I have been asked to develope and implement a concept for RBAC with the ability to audit different roles. ... There is plenty of information on the net regarding this subject, but I haven't been able to find information regarding RBAC implementation, with the basic security module, in a NIS environment. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: RBAC and audit administration
    ... Subject: RBAC and audit administration ... What is the passwd entry for the user audit? ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: IDS Error - VP Notify
    ... I've just had the same problem, but with a solaris ... Solaris patch information for the IBM Informix Dynamic Server ... Location of Shared Memory ... Configuring the Operating System Audit Subsystem: ...
    (comp.databases.informix)