RE: Syslog

From: Butters, Kevin (Kevin_Butters@NAI.com)
Date: 11/10/01

From: "Butters, Kevin" <Kevin_Butters@NAI.com>
To: "'Darren Moffat'" <Darren.Moffat@eng.sun.com>, FOCUS-SUN@securityfocus.com, "Butters, Kevin" <Kevin_Butters@NAI.com>
Subject: RE: Syslog
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:29:32 -0600

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Snort, Syslog, and alert.ids
    ... Subject: Snort, Syslog, and alert.ids ... Be sure not to specify a command line option for alerting, ... "McCammon, Keith" wrote: ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Snort, Syslog, and alert.ids (Updated)
    ... Snort, Syslog, and alert.ids ... Under the Win32 port of 1.7, the only place to specify the server was ... Version: PGP Personal Privacy 6.5.8 ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: need help with writing to syslog
    ... should only be specified to openlog, ... But I want to be able to specify not just LOG_LOCAL1 logs ... How can I make syslog call to include logging type: ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Help with logrotate and bind
    ... but I want to save the logs using the syslog ... facilities and with the date in the the log name. ... you look into the built-in ability of named to roll log files: ...
    (comp.protocols.dns.bind)
  • where did my syslog kern facility go?
    ... We have a Solaris 6 box which is runing fine, except for it's syslog. ... We noticed that the messages file was not getting as many updates as ... Using logger to test the facilities I get output from the auth ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)