Re: NIS maps?

From: Stefan Tomlik (stefan@tomlik.de)
Date: 10/23/01

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:52:10 +0200
From: Stefan Tomlik <stefan@tomlik.de>
Subject: Re: NIS maps?

Hi Adam

In case it fits your needs to just block output of
encrypted password entries it is possible to splice
the password map into separate passwd- and shadow-
maps.

Anyway.... I would *never* set up hosts in a DMZ
as NIS-Clients, and I would restrict access to an
internal (= not DMZ) NIS-Server via /var/yp/securenets
to internal clients only. NIS is a nightmare if it
comes to security issues.

cheers
Stefan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Services For Unix 3.0 NIS Group Maps
    ... > I am having a problem with SFU 3.0 NIS maps. ... > a single group on a single line? ...
  • Re: Services For Unix 3.0 NIS Group Maps
    ... >> I am having a problem with SFU 3.0 NIS maps. ... >> a single group on a single line? ...
  • Services For Unix 3.0 NIS Group Maps
    ... I am having a problem with SFU 3.0 NIS maps. ... a single group on a single line? ...
  • Re: Script to modify NIS maps
    ... I have been trying to accomplish this via sed, Perl, ... The main issue is each NIS maps has a ... There are numerous maps I would be looking to edit via the tool/ ...
    (comp.unix.shell)