NIS maps?

From: adam morley (adam@gmi.com)
Date: 10/23/01

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:16:56 -0700
From: adam morley <adam@gmi.com>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
Subject: NIS maps?

resent, moderator failed to act on message....thanks!

attached mail follows:

Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:09:38 -0700
From: adam morley <adam@gmi.com>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

Is there any way to limit which hosts can access a given map from NIS? Like, say we want to have server A have access to map B, but we dont want server C to see map B. Is that possible? Is it possible with NIS+? Basically, what I'm driving at is whether it would be possible to have a DMZ server part of the NIS domain, so it can use NIS/NIS+ to do hostname lookups, etc. but not to see the passwd map or what have you. (or just prevent it from ypcat'ing the passwd map)

Thanks
adam