BIND and 32774 or 32775 UDP ports

From: Jas Amidzic (jasmin.amidzic@abs.gov.au)
Date: 10/10/01

From: "Jas Amidzic" <jasmin.amidzic@abs.gov.au>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:22:54 +1000
Subject: BIND and 32774 or 32775 UDP ports

BIND 9.1.3 besides listening to TCP port 53 also appear to be listening on UDP
ports 32774 and 32775. Quick nmap scan reviled this ports identifying them as
'sometimes-rpc12' and 'sometimes-rpc14'. However this ports apart to be
associated with BIND, once BIND is stooped 'netstat' does not list those ports
as being in the listening state. Pleas not that all RPC services on the box are
disabled.

I am not sure why this ports are being put in listening state by BIND. Any
ideas ...?

Thanks Jas

ABS Australian Business Number: 26 331 428 522 ABS Web Site: www.abs.gov.au

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Results of BIND RFC
    ... Doug pulling BIND out of the base system / going ports-only = excellent. ... I like being able to install FreeBSD and have a well ... On the other hand, for complex, heavy duty ports, keeping up to date ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Results of BIND RFC
    ... Doug pulling BIND out of the base system / going ports-only = excellent. ... I like being able to install FreeBSD and have a well ... On the other hand, for complex, heavy duty ports, keeping up to date ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: Results of BIND RFC
    ... Doug pulling BIND out of the base system / going ports-only = excellent. ... I like being able to install FreeBSD and have a well ... On the other hand, for complex, heavy duty ports, keeping up to date ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: BIND chroot environment in 10-RELEASE...gone?
    ... to take away the supported chroot capabilities. ... I have no issues with removing BIND from base, ... ports, so that people who need to run a full-blown BIND installation can ... I think we have all the tools available, so it is probably just a matter ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • RE: bind-users Digest, Vol 388, Issue 2
    ... My named (bind) works normally, and I am sure that no other instances ... That's the FreeBSD package name & version for bind-9.6.1-P2 but... ... Nasdir, if you've installed dns/bind96 from ports, then add the following ...
    (comp.protocols.dns.bind)