RE: Thanks to all (was Re: Solaris, Sudo, and locking...)

From: Aaron Ferguson (AFerguson@l90.com)
Date: 10/02/01

From: Aaron Ferguson <AFerguson@l90.com>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
Subject: RE: Thanks to all (was Re: Solaris, Sudo, and locking...)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:25:34 -0700

>BTW, is sudo compatible to Solaris RBAC?
>so, is it possible to use user "native" password to login to
>different "roles" ?

If you mean compareable then yes. RBAC IMO is more robust than sudo. RBAC is
available with Solaris 8, on Solaris 7 it was called Trusted Solaris.

--
Vladimir Ivanov
System Administrator                 E-Mail:  VIvanov@tee.toshiba.de

Relevant Pages

  • Re: history
    ... > You should really stay away from 3rd party applications if possible. ... Not only on Solaris; but yes, ... > and any bugs or exploits in sudo can go unnoticed because its not part of ... RBAC is appropriate for larger organizations with a central authority ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: history
    ... > You should really stay away from 3rd party applications if possible. ... Not only on Solaris; but yes, ... > and any bugs or exploits in sudo can go unnoticed because its not part of ... RBAC is appropriate for larger organizations with a central authority ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: (mis)using RBAC...
    ... sudo will not help you on Solaris 10 with the introduction ... updated to have knowledge of the Solaris 10 privilege model. ... with the ability to selectively allocate root ... > user account I can start and restart our webservers. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • sudo, solaris 10, ldap, tls:simple
    ... We have an LDAP environment using DS 5.2 and are migrating clients from ... solaris 8 to solaris 10. ... sudo on the solaris 10 boxes. ... I believe that some of the pam stuff changed with solaris 10. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: history
    ... very easy to setup but Solaris has a much more powerfull utility called RBAC ... one reason I recommened avoid 3rd party tools is because 1) sudo is setuid ... >> I work on Solaris and on theses hosts everybody is root. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)