ipsec config problem :URGENT HELP NEEDED

From: Sayali Karanjkar (Sayali.Karanjkar@Sun.COM)
Date: 08/20/01

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:54:45 +0800 (SGT)
From: Sayali Karanjkar <Sayali.Karanjkar@Sun.COM>
Subject: ipsec config problem :URGENT HELP NEEDED
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

Hi all,

I need some help for this ipsec tunnel configuration that i am trying to
implement. this is really urgent and i hope you all will help me out with this.

I have configured ipsec by using the command 'ipsec' at the command prompt and
then the configuration being done at the ipsec command prompt :ipsec>
so how do i know where the ipseckey file is and how do i check it?

also the configuration needs a tunnel src address and tunnel dest address. which
addresses are these? i have two systems which are sparc machines running the
solaris 8 core administration package and they are connected via a private
network. one machine is 10.1.1.1 and the other is 10.1.1.2. so these are the two
system addresses right and then which are the tunnel addresses?

i have given the command

on system 1

ipsec> add esp spi 0x2112 src 10.1.1.1 dst 10.1.1.2\
authalg md5 authkey 123456aa123456bb123456cc123456dd \
encralg 3des encrkey 789000ee789000ff

on system 2

ipsec> add esp spi 0x2113 src 10.1.1.2 dst 10.1.1.1\
authalg md5 authkey 654321aa654321bb654321cc654321dd \
encralg 3des encrkey 000789ee000789ff

and after this the command on system 1 gave no error but the one on system gives
error saying that one of the values entered is incorrect. return message in
doaddup.invalid argument.
what causes this problem?

after that i tried to configure the secure tunnel..by giving the foll. commands.

on system 1

#ifconfig ip.tun0 plumb
#ifconfig ip.tun0 10.1.1.11 10.1.1.22 \
tsrc 10.1.1.1 tdst 10.1.1.2 encr_algs 3des encr_auth_algs md5
# ifconfig ip.tun0 up

on system 2

#ifconfig ip.tun0 plumb
#ifconfig ip.tun0 10.1.1.22 10.1.1.11 \
tsrc 10.1.1.2 tdst 10.1.1.1 encr_algs 3des encr_auth_algs md5
# ifconfig ip.tun0 up

this also gives error on system 2 and no error on system 1.
what might be the problem?

i am very new to this field and have to finish this by tomorrow morning and am
really stuck with these errors. i will be most thankful if you help me out with
this at the earliest.

thanks in advance.
regards,
Sayali Karanjkar