RE: SunScreen Lite vs. IPF.

From: Stuart Flisher (stuart.flisher@dalofte.co.ae)
Date: 08/14/01

From: "Stuart Flisher" <stuart.flisher@dalofte.co.ae>
To: "'Tan Wee Yeh'" <tanwy@comp.nus.edu.sg>, "'Focus-Sun'" <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: SunScreen Lite vs. IPF.
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:50:54 +0100

I have installed SunScreen Lite without really any issues.

SunScreen Full can be deployed in a SunScreen HA pair for redundancy.
SunScreen lite cannot. This is what the Readme refers to.

Don't install on Sun Cluster machines, word is that it is incompatible until
next version of SS Lite (but don't quote me). Something to do with the
interfaces. Can't give you more info I am afraid.

Didn't notice any performance impact with SS Lite. You should consider how
you wish to administer all the machines i.e. command line or GUI. I prefer
command line myself.

One point IPF is a packet filter (right?) whereas SunScreen is stateful
inspection.

Good luck.

Regards

Stuart