Re: in.telnetd vulnerability??

From: Bojan Zdravkovic (bzdravko@siac.com)
Date: 08/03/01

From: "Bojan Zdravkovic" <bzdravko@siac.com>
To: stephen@acgroup.ucsc.edu
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:15:17 -0400
Subject: Re: in.telnetd vulnerability??

stephen@acgroup.ucsc.edu said;

>We simply
>make it sound like a better telnet that will hide all of there
>sensitive information from snoopers on the net.

"...Dear users, we eliminated the risk of one security hole in in.telnetd...

>Let's hope our marketing doesn't backfire... ;-)

...in exchange of all the holes in ssh..." ;)

-Bojan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Login as root via Telnet
    ... mein wrote: ... big ass security hole. ... 'Course, anyone using telnet is already screwed anyway, unless the ... CONSOLE-entry. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Login as root via Telnet
    ... big ass security hole. ... 'Course, anyone using telnet is already screwed anyway, unless the ... systems aren't connected to anything larger than an isolated LAN. ... a secure VPN. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)