Announce: Building and Deploying OpenSSH on the Solaris OE

From: Alex Noordergraaf (alex.noordergraaf_at_sun.com)
Date: 07/19/01

A BluePrint OnLine article was published, this past weekend, in the July
issue titled:

Building and Deploying OpenSSH on the Solaris Operating Environment

I'm sure all of you are aware of OpenSSH and if you have ever tried to
compile it you know what happened. Dealing with isssues about which
compiler to use (gcc or Forte), compile options, downloading all the
different versions, etc. This BluePrint OnLine article provides detailed
instructions on how to download and compile the required OpenSSH
packages in addition to providing scripts to simplify making an OpenSSH
package from the final compiled result and startup the appropriate
daemons.

Jason Reid and Keith Watson did a great job putting this together by
bringing their experience with compilers, software distribution, script
development, and security software to bear when putting this article
together. Many thanks guys!

The article is available at:

     http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0701/openSSH.html

The HTML version will only be available until next month. The PDF
version will, however, be archived indefinately at:

     http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0701/openSSH.pdf

-Alex

--
Alex Noordergraaf                 (voice) 781.442.3447
Enterprise Eng - Sr Staff Eng     (email) alex.noordergraaf_at_sun.com

Relevant Pages

  • Problem compiling openssh 3.9p1 on Solaris 8
    ... I just downloaded the source for OpenSSH 3.9p1 and tried to compile it ... We have gcc 3.2.2 and gcc 3.4.1 which I have tried both, ... make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bsd-arc4random.o' ...
    (SSH)
  • Problem compiling openssh 3.9p1 on Solaris 8
    ... I just downloaded the source for OpenSSH 3.9p1 and tried to compile it ... We have gcc 3.2.2 and gcc 3.4.1 which I have tried both, ... make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bsd-arc4random.o' ...
    (SSH)
  • Memory safety in OpenSSH
    ... instrumented version of the OpenSSH daemon on our group's server. ... If anyone is interested in using CCured to compile SSH on your system, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • undefined reference to `setcon compiling 5.4p1 w/ SELinux on RHEL 4.8
    ... I am attempting to compile OpenSSH 5.4p1 on RHEL 4.8 i686 and am ... on RHEL 4 is too old to support setcon and therefore OpenSSH 5.4p1? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)