Re: TGP Password Strength Checker online

On 2010-07-13 Thor (Hammer of God) wrote:
I've been thinking about standing up the Password Strength Checker
tool in TGP online, so here it is:

https://www.hammerofgod.com/passwordcheck.aspx

Please do *not* encourage people to enter their passwords on random
websites. It was already a bad idea when Microsoft did this, and unlike
good Whisky, the idea didn't get better with time.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

Relevant Pages

  • RE: TGP Password Strength Checker online
    ... tool in TGP online, so here it is: ... I do not encourage people to enter their passwords on random websites. ... I do, however, encourage people to read PDDs (Prominently Displayed Disclaimers) that state: ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Hackers penetrate UK job site
    ... Hackers gained access to confidential details provided by 4.5 million ... Names, passwords, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, birth dates, ... Security analysts told The Times that the plundered data from the ... websites, Mr Cluley said, meaning that criminals could use the ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: (OT) Top 10 Worst Internet Passwords
    ... what are the three most commonly used passwords? ... Yeah but don't forget God. ... Strangely enough, a number of people back then thought it was strange ... Because everybody needs insurance, ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: change your password day
    ... Because passwords are crucial to the management of Java-based ... websites. ... watches or sex toys are. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: [SLE] Continued Authentication problems
    ... As for the security if my LAN, ... secure passwords or plaintext passwords only under ssl. ... Registered Linux user 231871 ... God said, ...
    (SuSE)