Re: Announcing TGP - Thor's Godly Privacy

Hi Thor,

Will you be leasing source so the implementation can be verified? I'm
interested in the security levels of the components, and its hard to
gather from the sales literature. I don't believe it was listed at
http://www.hammerofgod.com/tgp.html. More from that page....

Key DropBox

If you get someone’s private key off the internet or via email,
or via email, you can just cut and paste it into the Key Dropbox
field and hit “Create” to validate the data and create a new XML
public key file.
Hmmm.... someone else's private key? Perhaps you will take the liberty
of signing for some one else, which seems to nullify non-repudiation.
If you're looking to read someone else's confidential data, perhaps
you should use Samir's Secret Sharing scheme. Then, all interested
parties can access the data.

... the Dropbox parsing function actually validates the data, checks the hash,
and creates a new file for you.
One cannot make any integrity or authenticity claims when using an
unkeyed hash. If you can calculate the hash, so can the bad guy.
Perhaps you should use a MAC such as HMAC (HMAC is a keyed hash). Then
you can make a integrity/authenticity claim.

Jeff

I’ll work up more little functoid like that when I have time.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Thor (Hammer of God)