From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of John Kinsella
Sent: quinta-feira, 8 de julho de 2010 12:29
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Milind Nanal
Subject: Re: FIM Tool

Check out ossec - open source host-based IDS that supports a bunch of OSes
including Windows: http://www.ossec.net/

John

On Jul 8, 2010, at 4:20 AM, Milind Nanal wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for file integrity monitoring tool for (Windows Operating
system) using which we can keep a track of critical folders, registry
modifications /tampering or desperate tempering, deletion.

An open source solution or low cost solution is preferable.

Regards,

Milind Nanal

Relevant Pages

  • Re: all-in-one vs one-on-each (feat. Comercial vs FOSS)
    ... an Open Source solution for IPS, ... I don't think that Checkpoint SmartDefense is an adequate replacement for a decent IDS/IPS. ... if you have a pool of highly capable and willing IT professionals to help build it out, FOSS probably will end up being cheaper and better. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] State of security technology for the enterprise
    ... being concerned that if I architect an open source solution and leave, ... I've never seen that level of reluctance at any large enterprise I've worked ... years as the challengers to "stateful packet inspection" looked for their ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: fraud detection software for a bank
    ... I wonder if someone knows about an open source solution for detection ... fraud in banks, to detect fraud in banks by the employees of the bank ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: all-in-one vs one-on-each (feat. Comercial vs FOSS)
    ... For a fixed budget would you go for ... an Open Source solution for IPS, ... I can live without IPS for a while but not without Internet ...
    (Security-Basics)