RE: How to prepare Windows Installation Discs

Hello,

Sorry for my bad English, i hope this message will be understandable!

We are currently using the MS software MDT 2010 (Migration Deployment Tool)
wich allow you to install OS without human intervention.

To realise this for windows Seven and XP you need a Windows Server 2008 R2
and MDT 2010.

Nevertheless, maybe this system isn't exactly what you are looking for,
because the CD created by this tool is just a live CD allowing the
connection to MDT server and dowloading OS, Software, Service Pack etc.

We have realised scenarios for Windows XP and Windows 7, and we install
automatically Office, our Antivirus, TightVNC, Acrobat reader etc. with only
two clic in about 40 minutes.

About compatibility with multiple computers, it's not a problem because even
if the OS haven't drivers for your computer, you can add them manualy in MDT
Server.

Finaly if you have 10 computers models (for exemple), you can generate image
(.wim file) at the end of the process, and then update this image througt
MDT. The advantage of updating is you haven't to reinstall completly a
computer if you only have one security fix to add!

This tool is very powerfull, but need a lot of configuration to do this with
only two or three mouse clic. If you don't care to clic on Next button
during the installation phase, you can install MDT and create your basic
scenario in 30 minutes and deploy it in 20 minutes.

Regards

Jérémie Bécousse