Re: How to /password policy on Windows 2003

Any ideas/best practices?

Regards

2009/8/20, pent 5971 <pent5971@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,
I have an important Windows 2003 box which we are using only a admin
account actively. I also need to set a password policy (i have some
requirements) on this box and dont loose the admin account acces. How
can i do this password policy?

Regards

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Validation of XP
    ... Windows can be a secure ... tutorial/explaination about admin vs limited accounts would be a good idea. ... As for the default admin account, ... problems because I'm diligent about other good practices. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Domain Admin account and lockout Policy
    ... You deny read to an Admin, ... be able to read a userconfiguration, if it exist inside the GPO. ... wrong target -> no efect. ... Ok, Password policy is a little bit special, but the scenario you created ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Password Policy
    ... This URL gives a batch file that will do what you want. ... > Saves having to have a local admin.. ... > Subject: Password Policy ... >> handle it for workstations? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Ramifications of chaning admin password
    ... I've recently updated my password policy and as a result I updated my admin ... (backup jobs, scheduled tasks, etc.) ... I suppose one scenario is to not change ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Gpedit.msc - password length greyed out
    ... You need to find whichever or program you used and access the Admin ... "nass" wrote: ... the option in the password policy). ... Then your admin account corrupted or your machine is infected, ...