Re: AD Password complexity - passwords too long?

On 2009-05-19 ews wrote:
Therefore, if you want to go with a minimum less than 15, use 7, else
do 15+ and educate folks about the coolness of the passphrase. Just
don't use 8. (see my article here - why 7 is better than 8:
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1319

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299656

Problem solved.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"The Mac OS X kernel should never panic because, when it does, it
seriously inconveniences the user."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: dotLOCAL Domain
    ... Ansgar Wiechers ... "The Mac OS X kernel should never panic because, when it does, it ... seriously inconveniences the user." ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New Patch Fixes 43 Flaws In OS X, Many Serious
    ... one used for security checks. ... As compared to windows, UNIX has an excellent track record. ... Mac OS X would then become higher ... So it is with any kernel, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: problem installing YDL Yellow Dog Linux on Oldworld Mac
    ... > I rebooted into OS 9.2.1 and inserted the first YDL CD. ... > presume, the kernel loaded. ... > Any suggestions for getting this install to work would be appreciated. ... I'm not a Mac pro, but the below is how I got my ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
  • Re: New Patch Fixes 43 Flaws In OS X, Many Serious
    ... A product being a "Unix" has no security implications ... Mac OS X would then become higher ... So it is with any kernel, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Hot Mac news!
    ... media; Problems buying media over satellite connections ( ... purchase button. ... What exactly is a kernel panic?: Basically, ... level crashes that Mac OS X can experience. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)