RE: AD Password complexity - passwords too long?

While there has been great information in this thread about password
management, it doesn't really seem to be answering the original
question, which is why is there an error being generated for passwords
of more than 10 characters.

Dgonzalez, the first thing I would suggest is to try a completely
randomly generated password of 12 characters, to insure that you are not
reusing a previous password that my be disallowed due to password
history requirements. I'm not sure if I saw this suggestion as a test in
a previous email.

Additional, it is possible for a non-default password filter to be added
to a system for password management.

Check the following registry key for non-default filters:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages

A changed password filter would be standard in a federal system, and is
covered by the DISA STIG for Windows systems.

Hopefully this helps.

Jason Hurst
Sr. Network Security Administrator
Panda Restaurant Group