From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of dgonzalez.itpro@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:32 AM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: AD Password complexity - passwords too long?

Hello list,

We have password complexities set on our domain; minimum password length
is 8 and all XP users and Windows 2003 servers.

I can set my password to 9-10 characters, but if I try to set it for 10+
characters, they get the error message that they do not meet the
complexity requirements.

I have searched Microsoft documentation, and find minimum length
requirements. I think I saw something about 28 characters, and even 127
characters.

Does anyone know if there is a max password length?

We would like to keep the minimum 8 characters, and the maximum varied at
the users discretion. Can this be done?

Thanks

--
Anthony Petito

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What are the complexity requirements in AD?
    ... Password Complexity ... both of them are enabled in Windows 2003 Server ... English uppercase characters ...
  • Re: AD Password complexity - passwords too long?
    ... AD Password complexity - passwords too long? ... is 8 and all XP users and Windows 2003 servers. ... I can set my password to 9-10 characters, but if I try to set it for 10+ ... I have searched Microsoft documentation, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: AD Password complexity - passwords too long?
    ... AD Password complexity - passwords too long? ... We have password complexities set on our domain; minimum password length is 8 and all XP users and Windows 2003 servers. ... I can set my password to 9-10 characters, but if I try to set it for 10+ characters, they get the error message that they do not meet the complexity requirements. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • [Full-disclosure] Re: What A Click! [Internet Explorer]
    ... > tell your windows to open .HTA files in notepad. ... > (since there are more ways to cover windows with malicious lookalikes). ... >> Using custom Microsoft Agent characters it is possible to cover any kind ... including security or download dialogs. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Tk 8.4.11 / Windows XP / Encoding problem
    ... Some of our clients are experiencing a weird problem on their Windows XP PCs. ... suddenly they start showing other characters instead of the correct utf-8 ... Tcl usually does proper detection of the system encoding. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)