AD Password complexity - passwords too long?

Hello list,

We have password complexities set on our domain; minimum password length is 8 and all XP users and Windows 2003 servers.

I can set my password to 9-10 characters, but if I try to set it for 10+ characters, they get the error message that they do not meet the complexity requirements.

I have searched Microsoft documentation, and find minimum length requirements. I think I saw something about 28 characters, and even 127 characters.

Does anyone know if there is a max password length?

We would like to keep the minimum 8 characters, and the maximum varied at the users discretion. Can this be done?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Whats everyone playing today?
    ... did you play many characters ... Humans, Horde, Elves, Undead? ... So far, it's fine either way, but keep in mind I'm not on PvP or US servers, so make of that what you will. ...
  • Re: CoH musings
    ... dozens of characters because I got sick of their costumes in a few days. ... use the west coast servers if at all. ... So you have to rely on the fully enhanced Stamina powerset to make do? ... Health powersets all together (there may be another I'm not remembering ...
  • Re: Gotta love PTRs...
    ... Oh and it won't let me make a lvl 1 on my main account because it's full... ... so I can't exactly test with any existing characters. ... servers), but /shrug. ... my lvl 25 belf will be corpserunning her way to the LHC flightpath before ...
  • RE: User cannot change password
    ... Make sure that the password users give meet the complexity requirements. ... access to network resources is to use secure passwords. ... Minimum Password Length sets the minimum number of characters for a ... characters), which is definitely not a good idea. ...
  • =?Utf-8?Q?Re:_Can=E2=80=99t_change_password_on_Win?= =?Utf-8?Q?dows_Server_2008.?=
    ... When "Password must meet complexity requirements Enabled" policy setting is enabled, users must create strong passwords to meet the following minimum requirements: ... Passwords cannot contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters. ... Maximum password age Not Defined ...