Re: S-1-5-21...

Red Cat wrote:
Hey,

Thanks a lot for the comments so far. I'm starting to grasp the basic
idea of SID's and AD. But now my question is, why does that user,
"None" or that SID S-1-5-21... appear only for this specific folder?
I'm almost 100% positive it has nothing to do with past accounts
because I've never deleted any to my knowledge. Why does it show up
now and only for this specific folder? The only thing different I can
think of is that this folder was created from a tarball using Cygwin.
(The tarball was downloaded from John the Ripper)... Does that have
anything to do with it? Is Cygwin or John the Ripper burrowing into my
system? Is that why it's coming up? Should I delete it? (I thought
John the Ripper was safe enough...) Once again, thanks for all the
great comments and thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Cygwin. I reinstalled my laptop yesterday and I tried to create a group "None" before and after that. I had Cygwin installed before I reinstalled. Btw, it was on Windows Server 2008.

But I dont know any more than that ;)

--
mvh
Jørgen Hovelsen

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [TIN] Reading groups from active file
    ... Any idea how I can see what's in them, using cygwin? ... extract stuff from the tarball simply by 'copying' it. ... tar tool installed you ... and then the type of compression used is also usually ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • RE: John The Ripper For Win32
    ... free and compile John (and many *NIX tools, ... Just ensure to install "make" and "gcc" during Cygwin ... Compiling John is quite straightforward, ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: [TIN] Reading groups from active file
    ... Any idea how I can see what's in them, using cygwin? ... extract stuff from the tarball simply by 'copying' it. ... tar tool installed you ... and then the type of compression used is also usually ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: *Python* Power Tools
    ... John> For windows users, apart from cygwin, there are a couple of ... John> sources of binaries for *x command-line utilities (unxutils, ... I for one would like to see various shell tools implemented in pure ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: A problem while using urllib
    ... raise URLError ... I couldn't find any obviously-related error in the Python bug tracker, and I have copied this message to the Cygwin list in case someone there knows what the problem is. ... Good catch, John, I suspect this is a possibility so I've added the ... """The Windows 2.4.1 build doesn't show this error, but the Cygwin 2.4.1 build does still have uncollectable objects after a urllib2.urlopen, so there may be a platform dependency here. ...
    (comp.lang.python)