RE: S-1-5-21...

Also -- if the user is deleted from A-D that had access to that folder it will show the SID rather than the name of the user as that container for the user still exists, it just doesn't have a name any longer.
Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Li
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:30 AM
To: Red Cat
Cc: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: S-1-5-21...

Hi,

Normal, the user like 'S-1-5....' is a domain account. After your
computer is added into a domain (AD), the administrator account of the
domain is added to your local administrators group automatically. And
when you browse the security property of the folder, OS will query the
real name of that domain user. Before the query is done, you'll see
the name is 'S-x-x-xxx'.

Dennis