From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wayne S. Anderson
Sent: Saturday, 10 May 2008 8:24 AM
To: 'Devin Ganger'; 'Steve Friedl'; 'Christian Koerner'
Cc: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Binding Windows Services to Specific Addresses Only

The only thing with using SCW in such a way is that if you are doing
multi-tier web applications, SCW can break things. Even more so if you
are
doing anything with non-default configurations.

My list was looking more towards principles rather than focusing on the
technical accomplishment of those points.

SCW is an excellent starting point for default services however I would
advise being careful applying it after a custom web application and
also
MAKE SURE you have a lab environment or developer test with the SCW
configuration after it is applied. Build in time in your project
schedule,
if applicable, for someone with appropriate experience to troubleshoot.

-W

Wayne S. Anderson