From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of cwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 3:59 PM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Keeping Logs files for how long?

Some considerations in log storage.

Are you going to encrypt the data? Logs have sensitive information.

If you encrypt the data - are you going to store this on tapes?

This is an important point as tapes degrade and encryption is not
forgiving to errors.

Regards,
Dr Craig Wright (GSE-Compliance)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ntbackup problem
    ... Are you using a rotation of tapes for each weekday? ... I seriously have nothing in my application logs. ... If I look at my Schedule task, I have in the last run time, 9:04 and nothing ... The backup last 2 hours. ...
  • Re: Is Solaris 10 a good home os?
    ... sure is to have tapes full and no errors in logs! ... I know you're joking, but the number of people who just write stuff to tape and assume it is OK is just frightening. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: VHS tapes and DVDs
    ... Even if I don't do that, I'd still like to set up DVD chapters. ... If you prefer to dub the tapes "blind", ... Because I'm doing this as a favor for an important friend of mine, I don't want the DVDs to have either less detailed pictures, lower quality, smaller pictures, ect. ... DVD recorder must be lowered to accommodate the slower tape speed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • What to buy to feed Hi-8 to DVD-Recorder?
    ... recorder/HDD home player for dubbing from a camcorder. ... What is the best camcorder to get for playing Hi-8 tapes into the DVD ... Would it be better to feed an analog Hi8 signal directly into the DVD- ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: DVD project - family movies
    ... We have about 20 VHS-C type of analog tapes that we recorded on our ... Should I try to find a used camcorder that can play ... I now have a computer with a DVD burner although ... VHS-C was not great resolution and the DVD recorder ...
    (rec.video.desktop)