Re: Security and Implications of Hosted Exchange

On Nov 16, 2007, at 8:47 AM, Sean Tindall wrote:

By and large, hosted Exchange solutions make use of Outlook via RPC over
HTTPS.

By VPN, I meant 'encrypted tunnel', so, yes, we agree.

;>

Concur on the security evaluation. And the encrypted tunnel doesn't help if all the other networking, hosting, and application BCPs aren't applied by the provider and by the MUA clients.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins@xxxxxxxxx> // 408.527.6376 voice

Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

-- Ford Motor Company

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT Qwest dsl gotchas for linux, F10 x86_64
    ... Qwest makes no secret of the fact they do not support linux, ... their news provider and their dialup access provider all tied to the ... Speakeasy account and settable in your account maintenance page. ... Hosting using someone ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Copyright issue
    ... |>| If you could find out the name of the provider, ... |>site for ispa members. ... out which ISP is hosting the offending website? ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: CryptoAPI cryptographic service provider (CSP) for this implementa
    ... > Hi Amy, ... >> I have a web service that uses RijndaelManaged to decrypt some data ... >> hosting provider has disabled this portion of the framework? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: fedora hosting question
    ... As I am new to this hosting I am sure not to use the ... Web hosting is no trivial job. ... >>opensource so users can control they hosting accounts. ... >>service provider and I hope to get some good guidance from the forum. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: domain registration & web hosting question
    ... provider do it for you. ... You can register the domain name in advance of getting a hosting ... their own name servers with the domain pointing to a "parked" webpage. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)