Re: Password complexity - improvement

PowerGUI Community : Fine-Grained Password Policies:
http://powergui.org/entry.jspa?externalID=882&categoryID=46

Command line, no native gui, but yes, Win2k8 will support fine grained password policies.

James D. Stallard wrote:
I know we've wandered a little of topic here, but to expand on Thor HoGs
point:

If you apply a password policy GPO to the domain, it will apply only to
accounts authenticated on the domain.

If you apply a password policy GPO to an OU (that contains machine
accounts), it will apply only to local user accounts created on the machines
in that, and subordinate OUs.

It has always been said that if you want different password policies for
different users you need to put them in different domains, either in the
same, or different forests. I believe (but can't test it at the moment) that
this annoyance has been addressed in Windows 2008 such that password
policies can be applied per OU that will only affect the users accounts in
those OUs.

Cheers

James

James D. Stallard, MIoD