Re: USB device control software

Secure Wave ( sanctuary Device Control ) goes far ahead then just
controlling I/O devices ( USB ) ..

Cheers

Saurabh Kaushik

"Chris Barber"
<cmbarber@xxxxxxxxx>
assSent by: To
listbounce@securityfocu "Michael van Zwieten"
s.com <MvanZwieten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/08/2007 12:40 AM Subject
Re: USB device control
software

Have you checked out Safeboot's Port Control?

http://www.safeboot.com/products/portcontrol/

Chris.

On 7/5/07, Michael van Zwieten <MvanZwieten@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi group... I'm looking for a good USB device control software that
would prevent people from plugging in USB drives, USB keys, firewire,
reading/writing to floppy's/CD's/etc. and control this all with Group
Policy. I'd like to allow some users or groups to be able to use these
devices, but have the majority of our users blocked from using them.

I've found 2 solutions sofar, and was wondering if you all had any
experience with these, and what your thoughts are? Or if you have a
better solution or suggestion?

First one is "Sanctuary Device Control" from SecureWave:
http://www.securewave.com/usb_security.jsp?rpLangCode=1

Second one is "DeviceLock" from Smartline:
http://www.protect-me.com/dl/

Thanks much in advance for your responses!

Take care,
Mike

Disclaimer :
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message (including any attachments) from your system without using, transmitting or storing it. Please also immediately inform the sender. E-mails are not secure and may suffer from errors, viruses, unauthorized interceptions / amendments. CRISIL and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for loss or damage caused by this e-mail and may monitor e-mail traffic.