win2k3 active directory - firewall ports

i want to put win2k3 active directory server behind the corporate
firewall. we are using windows xp clients and also group policy

what ports need to be allowed on firewall ? is there any fine tuning
that can be done on AD to make it more firewall friendly?

i have some DC is remote locations . what ports need to be allowed between DCs?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: File sharing
    ... Instead of creating exceptions for individual ports for FPS I suggest that you try Group Policy and configuring the exemption for file and print sharing and probably the remote administration exemption. ... If there are do domain level Group Policies being applied to these computers currently for Windows Firewall, which you could verify by running rsop.msc on the client computer, you could try using local Group Policy to see if it does what you want. ... So then I went back and put in a custom setting to accept connections on the local subnet plus connections from my subnet, ...
  • Re: Ports require to open to allow communications between AD 2003
    ... Also I have some info on locking ports to specific ranges for RPC in general ... Select articles and click on Firewall Ports Needed For Replication there is ... We are not looking in VPN cos the ... We were suggesting that you let the clients connect through ...
  • Re: Root exploit for FreeBSD
    ... for two ports to my FreeBSD portscluster nodes. ... and it gives the firewall ... US this is also quite common, at least with regards to University ... if your computer is going to connect on our network it must be configured in certain ways and behave "normally" or you won't get a connection. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Root exploit for FreeBSD
    ... for two ports to my FreeBSD portscluster nodes. ... and it gives the firewall ... US this is also quite common, at least with regards to University ... if your computer is going to connect on our network it must be configured in certain ways and behave "normally" or you won't get a connection. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Trouble accessing Outlook Web Access from behind firewall
    ... When starting the firewall I also set ... > rejected and dropped packets are logged, however I see nothing in my log ... > # Higher ports needed to accept incoming/outgoing calls ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)