Re: USB device control software

Look at http://www.drivelock.com/

-Brad

--- Michael van Zwieten <MvanZwieten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi group... I'm looking for a good USB device
control software that
would prevent people from plugging in USB drives,
USB keys, firewire,
reading/writing to floppy's/CD's/etc. and control
this all with Group
Policy. I'd like to allow some users or groups to
be able to use these
devices, but have the majority of our users blocked
from using them.

I've found 2 solutions sofar, and was wondering if
you all had any
experience with these, and what your thoughts are?
Or if you have a
better solution or suggestion?

First one is "Sanctuary Device Control" from
SecureWave:

http://www.securewave.com/usb_security.jsp?rpLangCode=1

Second one is "DeviceLock" from Smartline:
http://www.protect-me.com/dl/

Thanks much in advance for your responses!

Take care,
Mike

Got a little couch potato?

  • Re: USB device control software
    ... Have you checked out Safeboot's Port Control? ... would prevent people from plugging in USB drives, USB keys, firewire, ... reading/writing to floppy's/CD's/etc. ... I've found 2 solutions sofar, and was wondering if you all had any ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: usb hard drive/pen drive emulation via bios
    ... Does bios initalizes usb drives to appear as ATA drives too. ... can use DPTE to get the I/O base addresses of the command block and control= ...
    (comp.os.msdos.programmer)