Exchange 2003 - Delegating admin rights

I have windows 2003 domain and exchange 2003. we have outsourced
exchange admin till now.

All the server installs are over, connectors configured and working.
Now it is stabilised setup and the outsourced vendor is only doing
routine tasks like creating new mailboxes and taking backup etc.

We would like to restrict the permissions of the vendor staff to doing
only these routine tasks. Specifically we would like to take away
rights like Receive as Send as etc from vendor staff .

Is it possible to delegate permissions in Exchange/AD so that we can
achieve this.

On MS site ..i read about two types of Exchange admin roles - Full
Admin and Normal admin. Should we give Normal admin to vendor staff
and take control of Ful admin .Is that the way to go for this. or any
other suggestions.

Relevant Pages

  • Permissions needed to query ROOTMicrosoftExchangeV2?
    ... ....but it is failing on GetObject with "permission denied". ... permissions do I need to query MicrosoftExchangeV2? ... Exchange Admin. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Mailbox Security--Please Help
    ... in Exchange admin. ... >>you have inappropriate permissions applied on the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Cant delete folders created by users in public
    ... > these folders using either Outlook or the Exchange admin ... > or through IIS admin. ... > Exchange system manager".(I cant even look at the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: exchange 2003 to exchange 2003
    ... domain admin from the source domain - when i tried to do the pfmigrate it ... the target admin to the source exchange admin group? ... if you are using the source admin as the account when performing ... The account used needs to have exchange admin rights in the target ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: open client mailbox
    ... but i am the system admin? ... if you're an exchange admin, or only a domain admin (or wait for further ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)