Shared drives through a firewall

Hello Group;

I am trying to persuade a client NOT to map a drive through two firewalls to
an untrusted server in a DMZ to run an application. I've tried Googling
Netbios and security, but get so many entries as to be useless.

Other than the latency issues, and my ten cents that it seems to me to be an
enormously foolish idea, can you folks offer me any further ammunition?

Big Thanks if you can

Eigen

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Shared drives through a firewall
    ... if the client is willing to do it you can't really call it ... I'm also confused that if I have to go through two firewalls to get to ... how can it be considered to be in a DMZ? ... an untrusted server in a DMZ to run an application. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Firewall Info/Recommendations?
    ... > firewall with 3 interfaces or "DMZ capability" listed. ... > acceptable DMZ architecture for a small network to have two firewalls ... > internal network to the internet... ... will do exactly what we currently want for maybe less than the cost of a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall Info/Recommendations?
    ... > firewall with 3 interfaces or "DMZ capability" listed. ... > acceptable DMZ architecture for a small network to have two firewalls ... > internal network to the internet... ... will do exactly what we currently want for maybe less than the cost of a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: One Firewall with DMZ versus Two Firewalls
    ... >> Ones without DMZ ports are about a third the cost. ... >> by using a router to feed two firewalls instead (one for the web server ... A NAT Router/Firewall combo with three NICs on the same box is more of a ... pseudo-DMZ than a true DMZ. ...