Time Zone change and Kerberos Auth

We have a situation where we need to install a piece of software that requires us to uninstall the ms hotfix KB928388. This of course is the hotfix that addresses the upcoming changes in DST here in the US. Until mid march this will not pose a problem. However, seeing how Authentication in AD/Kerberos is tied very closely with time synchronizations. We were wondering if there would be a problem with removing the hotfix and manually setting the clocks on the few machines that are affected.

My thoughts are that even if we reset the time once they synchronize the time with the domain controllers they will go back to the hour off and authentications will fail. Am I wrong in thinking this.

Raoul

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wireless connection drops
    ... I have no authentication tab. ... MS has a hotfix ... >> installed the wireless card. ... >> Anybody know how I can fix this problem or get a hold ...
  • http:///exchange authentication
    ... When I goto http:///exchange a dialog pops up requesting user ... but I installed the hotfix and it didn't resolve the issue, ... Next by thread: Re: http:///exchange authentication ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook 2003. Sending through wrong account!
    ... > Outlook SP1. ... We decided not to issue a hotfix, because it wouldn't really do you any ... authentication to your outgoing server to send mail. ... be the first time it's happened...). ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: http:///exchange authentication
    ... I reread your post - I don't think you were suggesting I need to ... > Not sure restart is necessary but it sounds worthwhile trying. ... >> but I installed the hotfix and it didn't resolve the issue, ... Prev by Date: http:///exchange authentication ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]? Outlook 2003 SP1 sending through wrong account, no hotfix planned ?
    ... authentication solves the problem you're hitting *without* the hotfix as ... so everybody saves time without the hotfix.". ... or MS fixes the bug in Outlook 2003 SP1 ... the sporadic error that I get from my SMTP server is the ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)