From: David LeBlanc [mailto:dleblanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 10:31 AM
To: 'De Rienzo, James'; 'M. Burnett'; 'Jim Harrison';
Monrad.DC@xxxxxxxxxxxx; focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Share and NTFS permissions

-----Original Message-----
From: De Rienzo, James [mailto:James.DeRienzo@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 7:34 AM
To: David LeBlanc; M. Burnett; Jim Harrison;
Monrad.DC@xxxxxxxxxxxx; focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Change the file's Ownership to Administrator, and be done with it.

Simple yet effective.

And have the likely side-effect of removing access from the original owner.
I'd suggest taking a more thorough approach. This is why I originally wrote:

"it takes ownership of anything showing up there, ****and sets an ACL the
admin finds appropriate****"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: gdm login problem - Solved
    ... > screen goes blank then returns to the login screen. ... > terminal screens with either my user name and password or the new user's ... message to change the permissions to cdrom with chmod 666 /dev/cdrom. ... almost a clear understanding - yesterday neither workbone nor ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Device Manager
    ... The Device Manager Screen in the System information available thru ... available shows up in the System Information screens of the Accessories. ... This issue may be related to missing permissions in the registry. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Vista boot Stuck on a black screen with a mouse cursor
    ... Mine actually started with a missing or corrupt ... After repairing that. ... Went through a LOAD of screens, ... When I double clicked it I had no permissions. ...
  • Re: Where does KDE store the positions of icons on the desktop ?
    ... only owner can read or change files. ... Well, permissions seemed OK. ... and the icons had kept the position they would 'walk ... Now I have 1280x1024 on both screens without overloading smaller monitor, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: NTFS and shared permissions
    ... > I have a few questions about NTFS permissions and share that I hope ... I know that NTFS permissions are applied to ... NTFS permissions are of course needed for control of accounts ... down from a more broad NTFS grant). ...
    (microsoft.public.security)