From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Daniel Schmidt
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:54 AM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IE security zone assignment on 2003 terminal server

I am trying to assign a website to the Trusted Sites zone with Group Policy
-> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components ->
Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel -> Security Page -> Site to Zone
Assignment List.

When the domain user logs into a domain member XP Professional system, the
setting is propagated as intended.

When he logs into a Windows 2003 member server, either locally or via
Terminal Server session, the setting is ignored and the site remains in the
Internet Zone.

This is the case whether or not Internet Explorer Enhanced Security
Configuration is installed.

If I run a Group Policy Results query for that user/server combination, the
policy appears to be getting applied, although it appears in the "Extra
Registry Settings" section. I updated the adm files for that GPO to the
2003 SP1 versions in hopes of getting policy labels, but to no avail.
However, running a Group Policy Results query for that user/XP Pro system,
where the policy works, also places it in the "Extra Registry Settings"
section, so I doubt that's related.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.

Daniel Schmidt
dschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Remote Assistance not working
    ... I have tried these settings you recommend with no results. ... I have yet to get the offer remote assistance to work when launched from the ... The Group Policy on the computer of the novice user must be configured ... Start the Microsoft Management Console Group Policy snap-in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Parts of GPO not working.
    ... If your users use other browsers like firefox from an usb stick/drive or whatever medium your policy will not help. ... I have a request that all of those computers not have Internet ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, ... Group Policy refresh interval for computers Enabled ...
  • Parts of GPO not working.
    ... I have a request that all of those computers not have Internet ... The settings in this GPO can only apply to the following groups, ... Group Policy refresh interval for computers Enabled ...
  • Re: HKLM registry key "//system" for Remote Assistance
    ... The policy settings for controlling URL Actions are available in both the ... Computer Configuration and the User Configuration nodes of Group Policy ... You should also understand the Security Features control policy settings. ... security zone of the URL. ...
  • Re: scripted logon
    ... Why can't you launch all the scripts from a Group Policy based Logon script. ... Here's the policy settings (I sure hope word wrap doesn't mess it up too ... Windows Components/Windows Installer ...