EFS - new recovery agent

My laptop is part of comany domain. Can I specify the local machine
administrator be the
data recovery agent for my EFS or will it always have to be domain
administrator ?

if yes, how to set it ?

if yes, does that mean while travelling I can login as local admin and access
the EFS files encrypted with my domain ID?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Accessing Encrypted File
    ... EFS to encrypt your files. ... ID to decrypt the files assuming your EFS recovery agent is administrator ...
  • Re: Spying in a corporate environment
    ... while being logged into the local machine instead of the domain ... domain policies are not re-applied. ... An administrator can now manually ... getting the settings re-applied by GPO the next time it runs ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Camera Plug and Play
    ... > I have a test computer thta works fine with the camera. ... On the Client:>> In the Computer Admin area, the user id is administrator. ... >> I just find it odd that when logged into the local machine it all works>> fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • RE: Local Accounts
    ... domain user accounts administrators on the local machine. ... This will give them admin rights on the local machine ... though I can do this for the Administrator account as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Local user privileges
    ... > When I looked at an user account both local and domain accounts where set as ... > should not have administrator privileges ever his local machine. ... Lock in as administrator and remove the dom-user from the local ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)