RE: DNS recursive

You can always set up ACL's to block or allow UDP 53 on the router.

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mailinglists Address
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:18 AM
To: 'dubaisans dubai'
Cc: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DNS recursive

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dubaisans dubai
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 4:16 AM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: DNS recursive

On Windows 200/2003 is it possible to restrict DNS

recursive queries

to only a specific subnet of IP addresses

Coming in late on this thread, but according to everything I have read
there is no way to restrict recursive lookups from a specific network
using Microsoft DNS. You will need to use another DNS server software in
order to accomplish this.

I would recommend the win32 version of Bind9 as it has the functionality
you are looking for.

Tom Walsh
Express Web Systems, Inc.
http://www.expresswebsystems.com/

---
---

  • Re: VPN/RWW not able to establish connection
    ... I have been able to connect for the past several days, so I guess your "correct solution is one that works" is true. ... I did check Google and saw a reference that there was some handshaking going on that did use UDP port 50, but I can't find it now. ... If reconfiguration of your router requires a reboot then it's possible it was the reboot which fixed it and not the altered configuration. ... RWW requires TCP/IP ports 443 and 4125, PPTP VPN uses TCP/IP port 1723 and IP protocol 47. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CSocket : testing (easy ... RE: AliR)
    ... you must not be using UDP. ... UDP is usually blocked at firewalls, and any router ... truncated at any router to the minimum mandated by the Internet standards, ... The reason for CAsyncSocket is that if the remote program hangs, your program hangs also, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: blocking incoming udp packets
    ... It seems the router is sending udp packets to 255.255.255.255 (both ... UDP 162 is the SNMP trap port. ... The RIP disabling was easy to do, and that has stopped the traffic on ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: blocking incoming udp packets
    ... It seems the router is sending udp packets to 255.255.255.255 (both ... UDP 162 is the SNMP trap port. ... The RIP disabling was easy to do, and that has stopped the traffic on ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • linux router using iptables: how to allow vpnc from lan
    ... CompR is the router computer running iptables and doing masquerading. ... able to connect to an external VPN serverusing a VPN ... udp dpt:500 ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)