Microsoft Word Macro Security

Not sure if it's a problem but opening a word document template for editing from the file menu (or passed as a parameter to winword.exe) appears to bypass the macro security. The same does not happen in excel. Can this be exploited?

  • Read-Only alert when opening 2nd instance of Excel
    ... is locked for editing" when opening a 2nd instance of Excel? ... I thought setting Application.DisplayAlerts = False in the Open event ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: 2007 field bullets
    ... I am have a Word document template I have locked for editing, ... my employees to fill-in information. ... and choose the entry "Restrict Formatting and Editing". ... the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-) ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: hyperlinks in word
    ... It's usually better to save the document first and then open it from Word, especially if you plan on editing it and saving the ... Graham's suggestion can help but you may also want to turn off Word's Option settings that updates links on opening of a document. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Word opening files Read Only when not
    ... editing. ... Doug Robbins - Word MVP ... "Nate Weldon" wrote in message ... is there a way that you can be notified> that when opening an office document it is opening read only? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Allow editing
    ... I have a form that is locked for editing already by opening the form. ... Now I need to let the user be able to change one single field also on old ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)