From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of nikhil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:08 AM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: security implications of disabling WMI service

Hello Harlan,

Yes, by saying "makes use" I mean to say it's an dependency.
"Windows Security Center" & "Windows ICS", both these services depends on
Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service. If you disable WMI
service, then above mentioned Service would fail to start.

Nikhil Wagholikar
Security Analyst

NII Consulting
Web: www.niiconsulting.com