From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of nikhil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:08 AM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: security implications of disabling WMI service

Hello Harlan,

Yes, by saying "makes use" I mean to say it's an dependency.
"Windows Security Center" & "Windows ICS", both these services depends on
Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service. If you disable WMI
service, then above mentioned Service would fail to start.

Nikhil Wagholikar
Security Analyst

NII Consulting
Web: www.niiconsulting.com

  • Re: Hardware bug or kernel bug?
    ... With it enabled I get the reboots, ... speed alone - but disabling cpufreq seems to make it go away... ... screen) would return any error messages that could be ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Hardware bug or kernel bug?
    ... Changing the interrupt timer frequency in the kernel makes a difference: ... 100Hz - system reboots instantly when transfer is started ... I then tried disabling the ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Re[2]: Problem with vlans on igb (was: fsck problem FreeBSD 8.3)
    ... If that stops your unwanted reboots, you may want to remove it and see ... if the situation changes. ... DF> Try disabling hardware VLAN tagging like so, I know we had problems a ... I have removed vlans, two day server works without reboots ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • help on id:6008
    ... server hangs or reboots .checked the option of disabling ... screen saver and remote shutdown.anybody knows solution ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)