RE: How can this happen with Windows Vista?

Hello Gerrit,

why do you think, Vista should react on a different way?
You describe how to write an application.

In your case, an application with features like
* IRC Connect
* IRC Command
* HTTP Load...
* ...

Features other application may use in "legal" (normal) terms.

I understand that you might get a little bit afraid. But you cannot check
"Oh, this program use this function on a legal way... this program use this
function to do bad things.

Only, after you detect such a program, you can say "Program with
signature... -> bad!"

Note: If you will use the "clients" for sending spam mails, you will run
into connection problems (only 10 connections are allowed...). Well, you can
manage this problem, send only 8 and wait - right.
=> This is the problem, you cannot prevent.

But this is a "security" feature... (like in XP SP2)

You said that the firewall won't block the program. Vista didn't even
prompt. I don't know, but I mention that vista should check incoming and
outgoing traffic. So the question should be: Why did the program pass the

Have you tested the same application using RC1?

Relevant Pages

  • Acer AS98106829 20.1" Laptop $899.00
    ... 320 GB Hard Drive, DVD Drive, Vista Ultimate) ... Product Features and Technical Details ... drives), 2 GB of installed RAM, an integrated Nvidia ... This laptop also comes preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Vista ...
  • Re: Ipremove.exe? Vista firewall works protecting or not?
    ... You are not going to find anything better than the Vista FW and Vista in ... itself due to the advanced features the FW and Vista are using. ... Windows Firewall: the best new security feature in Vista? ...
  • Vista is not a failure. The MS marketing team is...
    ... For example, although there are tiny CPU scheduler changes in Vista, the big changes things like a GPU scheduler, and I if the author of the article doesn't even know which or what the difference is, show how sad the level of understanding of Vista is. ... Additionally, the article lacks any technical credibility, as it argues for Windows 7 to be more modular, but then goes to use Linux as an example of a good thing. ... First the MS Marketing Team have little understanding what Vista does that is good or cool, and the MS Marketing team/business side had too much control over the versions of Vista released, and fragmented features across versions. ...
  • Re: VISTA and OS X are not the same.
    ... Early hype for Longhorn promised a zillion cool features plus a new ... Windows NT 3.0 and 3.1 were that. ... I suspect that Vista is NT 4.3. ...