RE: Storing Images in SQL Server (2005)

My view as well - all apps that do this are moving away or have moved
away from this SQL method.

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of mmaples3@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:57 PM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Storing Images in SQL Server (2005)

I would suggest using views to control access

In my experience storing and retrieving images from MS SQL is
significanly slower compared to pulling images via a file system.

I use ADO stream object to retrieve the images and stream them directly
to the end user browser, I do not use a temporary file. Too hard to
come up with unique names for the temporary file for each user, plus you
have clean up of the temporary files.

---
---

  • Re: Jebus Keerist Im Not Getting Paid Enough
    ... LEAST he's got to do a Misty shot, ... Convert proprietary images from '92-'06. ... Project Management and SQL dbas with clustering experience. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: VB: RTF Text vs. MSWord
    ... SQL backend, Access front-end business application. ... rather than just storing ... Because storing text, in many word documents, can consume a large ...
  • Re: Storing Images and Files in SQL2000 with a project DB as front end.
    ... Does anyone have a sample code that I could use to achieve this (using VB ... Bitmaps can be significantly larger than .jpg since they don't have any ... Check the format of the ole objects stored in SQL Server from ... When I create SQL Reports I am not able to display the images. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Securing documents - SQL Server or FileSystem
    ... ADODB.Stream to present images that are not in the web folders. ... SQL Server MVP ... > security credentials opens a filestream to the file and writes it into ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • stored procedure xp_cmdshell
    ... I making an ASP.NET website were users can upload ... I was originally planning to have the images to SQL, ... I thought that inside my stored procedure, ...