From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Alvin Wong
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:47 PM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: windump on browsing of shared folders across vpn in winxp

Hi,

I have a problem when i try to connect to a shared folder in the same
domain across a VPN to another machine. When i fire up windump, in
comparison to local access to a file server, the protocol that windows
select when browsing is over port 80, hence windows explorer pops up
with a blank window but no file shares to be seen.

I'm using windows xp service pack 2, is there some service such as
webdav that i have to turn on ? netbios over tcp/ip is on and computer
browser service is on. It is very strange as the outgoing port goes to
port 80. I'm testing a remote vpn client that connects to the network.

Regards,
Alvin

---
---

  • Re: Questions before I buy a PowerBook
    ... Is there a way that I could remote desktop to my desktop windows ... That would depend entirely on how the network you are connecting from ... connect to restricted Windows servers at work from home via a VPN, ... also had to get special VPN software for Mac OS X to do it. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.portables)
  • Re: Cannot log on to XP Pro machine
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... Then I VPN to my office network. ... I must be able to 1st boot my machine and log on to Windows. ... From System Properties/Computer Name/ I selected the option to connect to a ...
  • Re: RE: break in? - terminal services on alternate port
    ... Not changing the default RDP port immediately identifies a potential ... "Network vigilance" would be based on defining what services are needed, ... Terminal services has an excellent ... >serviced machine should be provided via a VPN connection. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Remote Logon
    ... That VPN acts as a DHCP gateway and assigns ... > IP addresses to all on the network. ... that effect instead of WIndows VPN. ... Microsoft Windows MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services ...
  • Re: Windows CE browse network via VPN
    ... The guys at symbol tell me that it is becuase Windows mobile cannot map ... I was also thinking about trying to establish it's own VPN IPSec ... BUT I am unable to map to a shared drive accross the VPN. ... connection but cannot access any network resources. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)