windump on browsing of shared folders across vpn in winxp

Hi,

I have a problem when i try to connect to a shared folder in the same
domain across a VPN to another machine. When i fire up windump, in
comparison to local access to a file server, the protocol that windows
select when browsing is over port 80, hence windows explorer pops up
with a blank window but no file shares to be seen.

I'm using windows xp service pack 2, is there some service such as
webdav that i have to turn on ? netbios over tcp/ip is on and computer
browser service is on. It is very strange as the outgoing port goes to
port 80. I'm testing a remote vpn client that connects to the network.

Regards,
Alvin

  • Re: VPN Access to a DSL server
    ... I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of VPN nor Remote Desktop, ... if I'm not mistaken it would be port 3389. ... 832017 Port Requirements for the Microsoft Windows Server System ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)
  • VPN through openBSD Firewall
    ... I want to create a VPN. ... Windows 2000 Servers ... #redireccio del port servidor ftp ... pass out quick on $ext_if inet proto udp from any to $VPNGW port isakmp ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Using ZeroConf networking with Linux
    ... I'm planning to put together a very heterogenous network in a couple of weeks, including one windows PC, one Mac laptop, and two different linuxes. ... Supposing that my VCS server is advertising ssh services on some port, from some IP, and I want to connect to it from the file server -- is the SSH client zero-conf aware? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • VPN Client behind firewall
    ... I am trying to connect to the cisco VPN server from my network which ... VPN Client on one of the windows 2000 pro system and trying to connect ... UDP port 10000 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Cisco VPN Client
    ... I am trying to connect to the cisco VPN server from my network which ... VPN Client on one of the windows 2000 pro system and trying to connect ... UDP port 10000 ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)