Re: Whole disk encryption

I would think there are 2 sides to the expected problems: people vs technical

Technical issues we are well aware of, like key backups, recovery.

People-wise - usability, acceptance, do more harm than good (mis-usage could cause the whole disk to be unreadable - for instance)

Take a modular approach to the problem.
- Who actually needs it? Managers? Sales or mobile staff that carry a lot of sensitive information?
- What are we protecting against? Simply hardware theft or targeted data theft?

There may be better alternatives if you could look more closely at the problem.

J. Wong