From: Andrew Harvey [mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 6:26 AM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Help needed

Michael,

Assuming this isn't a domain level account (and is just a nice local
account), then a tool like ntpasswd will do you nicely for resetting
the password. If you have another account with admin access on the
box, then you can reset the password that way as well.

If it's a domain level account, and you have another domain admin,
the solution is similarly simple, just reset the password in Active
Directory.

As for your .pst file, I'm pretty sure it lives in the Local Settings
folder in your profile folder, wherever that is on your setup (my
only experience is with roaming profiles, so I'm not much help to you
there).

To the rest of the list:
Doesn't this smell like a social engineering attempt to you? I'm not
saying it is, and I do not mean to offend Michael, but my mind
instantly jumped to social engineering. "How do I recover my
password" is often "How do I crack someone else's password". I
suppose if we're just looking for .pst files, it's harmless enough,
and seems fairly legitimate, but there is something at the back of my
mind saying "wait a moment".

Just my thoughts,
Andrew