RE: Domain admin mailbox rights on Exchange 2003

You must explicitly specify at the user level.

-----Original Message-----
From: Miha Pihler [mailto:Miha.Pihler@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:58 PM
To: Nick Vaernhoej; focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Domain admin mailbox rights on Exchange 2003

Hi,

Default installation of Exchange will not allow administrators to access
other user's mailboxes. Domain admins would actually have to go either
to Active Directory Users and Computer and give themselves permissions
to another mailbox or if they have access to Exchange System Manager
(ESM) they could grant themselves permissions there.

Mike