Re: MS Exchange

Particularly when with email, in with cell phones, there can be no
"expectation of privacy." Yet, lawyers (and others involved in the legal
system) engage in confidential conversations/material via email and cell
phone all the time. I had several law firms as clients who sent private
information (unencrypted) between doctors, other lawyers, insurance
companies, credit agencies, you name it over SMTP all day every day.

-- Legal Disclaimer --
This email was intended only for those people that it was intended for. You
may or may not be an intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not read, delete, forward, store, alter, respond, or
otherwise alter this email in any way. If you have received this email in
error, please delete it, delete it from your deleted items, and then reply
back to the sender stating that you were not the intended recipient. Please
note that if you do reply back to the sender, you show your intent that the
original sender, who will now be the recipient, is indeed supposed to be the
now intended recipient of your reply. If the original sender replies back
to your message where you stated that you were not the indented recipient of
the first message with the intent to thank you, you will then become the
indented recipient of the second email, but you still won't be the indented
recipient of the first email, and all of your base are belong to us.
-----------------------

On 7/28/06 10:36 AM, "Jeffrey Wei" <jeffrey.wei@xxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:

Can someone explain to me how a disclaimer at the bottom of an email can
do anything, legally? Was there a case study where the disclaimer
worked in the court of law???

Let's take a lawyer communication for example. We all know that there
is privilege communication for lawyers and I fail to see how putting a
disclaimer or some stupid legal blurb at the end of an email would stop
the third party from disseminating information that he/she accidentally
intercepts?

Jeff