Re: MS Exchange

Just as a matter of curiosity, does anyone have any *real* examples of where
those annoying "legal disclaimers" have provided any actual legal protection
or any evidentiary value?

Most of the ones I've seen are insipidly stupid, saying things like "if you
have received this email in error, or are not the intended recipient, you
may not view, forward, print, or do anything for that matter." Of course,
you have to read the damn thing to get to the part where it says you can't
read it. And who defines "intended recipient?" My server intended for me to
get it, so I must be the intended recipient. Or am I to be held legally
liable for determining what the intent of the original sender was? It all
seems like a colossal waste of time to me.

On 7/28/06 6:51 AM, "Tupker, Mike" <mtupker@xxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:

I've been looking into this a little as well. The cheapest way to do it
that I've found, if you are using exchange, is with an SMTP event sink.
Many spam filters that I've seen have the ability to append text to
emails as well. The only one that I can think of off hand is GFI Mail
Essentials. http://gfi.com/mes/

I'm not sure if these would allow you to pull info from AD though. I
hope this helps a little.

Mike Tupker