RE: Impact of removing administrative rights in an enterprise running XP

Drew,

We have gone through the exercise of completely standardizing and
locking down end-user desktops here at the Georgia Medical Care
Foundation. We are not by any means a large enterprise, (150+ seats),
however our experiences should "scale up" to that level.

As a result of our efforts, support calls have gone down measurably,
spyware and viruses are unable to get a foothold on the machines. Our
user community, after a short teathing period, has accepted and embraced
the locked down configuration. Yes, we have to manually install some
software on machines, but as a result of the standardization this is the
exception, not the rule.

We have 2 folks dedicated to desktop support, and two others that pitch
in when required.

Thanks,

Anthony Mabes
Georgia Medical Care Foundation