RE: Impact of removing administrative rights in an enterprise running XP

Morning,

We are also investigating the process of removing users from the local
administrative group. In our research we've found and purchased a
product that will allow us to do so via AD GPO.

The product in question is Desktop Standard and will allow us to do the
following.

* Remove all domain users from the local admin group by OU and other
filters.
* Set programs that need to run with administrative privileges to do so.
* For systems where users must have local admin privileges we can set
programs such as IE to run with lower rights while the user still has
local privileges.

More information on the product set can be found @
http://www.desktopstandard.com.

While this product will help us from a technical side, the harder thing
for us to overcome will be corporate culture.

Josh