Re: DACLS for software distribution points...

In the 2k3 era the Everyone group is akin to the Authenticated users anyway since Everyone in the 2k3 era does not include the anon users.

Windows .NET Server locks down “Everyone”:
http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Windows_NET_Server_locks_down_Everyone.html

Murad Talukdar wrote:

Hi all,
MS says in this article that the DACLS for software distribution points
should be EVERYONE: READ and Administrator: Full Control, Change, Read.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/45a873dd-660d-4de6-aa
c4-8a03974796121033.mspx?mfr=true

Why shouldn't the EVERYONE be removed and replaced with Authenticated Users?
I was thinking of doing this and can't really see any adverse impact.

Kind Regards
Murad Talukdar

Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days? http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I will hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs